March 4, 2011

Flourless peanut butter cookies



All I can say is that you like peanut butter cookies you have to try these.
The flavour is so intense you need a glass of cold milk to complement it. I loved the flaky chewiness.The lack of flour makes it healthy too.( If I may say so, hehe)


Recipe was adapted or rather followed from here
Joy is one talented baker from LA and I love browsing her site, this recipe I assure you is a keeper.

Makes 2 dozen

1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter (I used smooth,organic peanut butter)

1/2 cup castor sugar( use lesser if you please)

1 egg

1 teaspoon baking soda






Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a bowl combine peanut butter and sugar until well combined, add egg and baking soda and mix well.
 Roll into walnut sized balls and create a criss-cross pattern with a fork. If you’d like, add a few chocolate pieces to the top of the cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
 Cool on a baking sheet.

Note: you can add about 3 tbsp plain flour if you want them a bit harder.These are very delicate and crumble easily even after cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment